Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Nearly at the End

Well, we got all 3 trees down last night, but we still have ornaments, tree toppers, tree skirts, etc. to pack away in boxes and get back into the attic. Also I got 2 of the 3 pairs of pants I need to hem penned up; I just didn't have enough time to actually get the sewing done tonight.

As you can see I've added some more "trappings" to my little side bar with my current reading selection(s) and music selection(s). I'll discuss them a bit.

My current reading of the Rex Stout book: For those of you not familiar with Stout, I believe, if my calculations are right, he wrote a total of 43 novels and 66 novellas in his life. 33 of these novels and 41 of the novellas were Nero Wolfe stories. I'm not sure how to explain Wolfe as a detective other than he is a great character, as is his confidential secretary/man-on-the-go Archie Goodwin. I got hooked on these novels because of the A&E Nero Wolfe television series of the books starting Timothy Hutton. After I finish this book I'll have 2 more Wolfe books left and then I will have read them all.

As far as the music goes: I love Enya and I love Loreena McKennitt. All three of these cds are great music that is quiet and un-intrusive. It's good to listen to while working as it does not distract or while trying to go to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

website statistics