Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Bond. . .James Bond

Today has been pretty uneventful for me so I'm having a hard time thinking about what to write about.

AMC is showing a marathon of James Bond movies, which I love. Ryan and I were talking about them the other day and I can't remember why, oh wait I do now.

On the radio they were talking about this Al Quaeda guy we captured that Bush said was a really important capture and it turned out the guy was the coffee and copier boy. And a lot of people thought it was funny that Bush called him important. Well we were discussing that he could actually have some useful information as people don't think about the coffee/copier boy being around and will go ahead and talk in front of them. It could be that this guy may have overheard some important stuff.

Then Ryan made the comment. "Just imagine if someone captured Moneypenny." To which I said that would make a really good Bond movie, if Moneypenny got capture and Bond had to go rescue her. Ryan thought he would have to kill her, but I think that would be terrible cause you can't just kill the character of Moneypenny like that.

And what about Q, what if Q got captured. Although, I think Q maybe be clever enough to escape as he could just make some stuff to help him get away. Of course, they've already done the kidnap M and rescue her. So maybe it wouldn't be that fun to kidnap any of the others after all.

I guess I thought of something to blog about after all.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

I have to point out that I didn't think that James would have to kill Moneypenny. I thought that it could provide great dramatic tension if his orders were to save Moneypenny if possible, and if not, to kill her to protect MI6's secrets. Of course, at some point, when the rescue failed, James would have to choose between following his orders and loyalty to his friends. He'd naturally choose to disobey his orders and pass up the chance to kill Moneypenny even though it would place his mission in jeopardy, but he'd eventually find a way to rescue her and save the day.

The biggest problem would be how to keep him from winding up in bed with her at the end of the movie, since that just wouldn't be right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website statistics