Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Mouse and the Motorcycle

Ok, the mouse in this instance didn't have a motorcycle and in fact there may be more than one mouse, but I really liked that book growing-up. I'll back up and start from the beginning.

I was in the garage this morning packing up the rest of the stuff that needed to go into the attic. And that's when I saw a mouse run across the garage floor. The rest of the day was pretty much spent cleaning up the garage and letting Magaidh search the garage and setting out traps.

I have mixed feelings about letting Magaidh go after the mouse (or mice). On the one hand, she is a terrier and that's what they've always been bred to do. She has already killed 3 moles and 2 mice, but they were all outside in the backyard and she did it before we knew anything about it. So in some ways I feel like this is the nature way of things. People have breed dogs for this kind of work for years and if I don't let her do this I might be denying her fulfillment of her destiny.

On the other hand, do I really want my dog chewing on something that could be carrying diseases. And then turning around to give me doggy kisses!

1 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Hmm...then I guess my suggestion of live-trapping it, then turning it loose in the backyard for Magaidh to catch really won't fly, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website statistics