Sunday, February 05, 2006

The End to a Quiet Weekend

To say that I'm not a big sports fan is an understatement. So today was not a big deal for me and I did not watch the Superbowl. Instead I watched the Puppy Bowl II on Animal Planet. I am a big fan of dogs.

I did some work on our household inventory. I'm trying to get it "finished" so that it will be done for insurance purposes in case there is an accident with the house. Of course it will never really be finished as we are always buying new things and getting rid of old things that we don't use anymore (hence the quotations marks around finish).

As I'm writing this, I'm watching the Sherlock Holmes Mysteries and I am shocked to learn that Holmes used cocaine! I just don't get it and it shocks me. Of course, I don't know why it should shock me. But I digress.

Finally after a quiet afternoon we decided to go out to the store. We needed to pick up a birthday gift for our nephew who will be 3 at the end of the month. I'm not mention what we got as his mom, my sister, will probably be reading this and I want it to be a surprise.

We then went to Barnes & Noble where I looked at some books on Podcasting and home recording studios. The thing that frustrated me about all the books is that they covered a lot of stuff I already knew and not really any of the stuff I don't know. I feel pretty confident I have most of the gear I'll be needing to learn how to do this stuff. What I really want is a book on sound engineering, using a mixing board, and what terms, like equalization, normalization, or FFT filter, mean and how they effect the audio. So the search continues.

1 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Blogger El Raichu said...

yeah, the 19th century csi. sherlock holmes used cocaine when he had no cases and needed mental stimulation. holmes thrived on mental activity; he was always looking for puzzles upon which he can channel his energies. his good friend watson got him out of it towards the end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website statistics