Friday, January 06, 2006

The Call of the Wolfe

I have a few big projects going on at the moment.

The first is to get ready for a presentation in March about belly dance costuming. I'll be presenting information on ways to make belts and bras with very little sewing. Yes, it can be done. I have 2 belts that I've made this way and one bra and they have held up for over 3 years now. However, I have a small problem, I don't really need a new belt & bra set at the moment and I'm having problems coming up with any design for ones I might need in the future. So I've asked one of my troupe members if she would like me to design and make one for her. And you know what that means, yes, we'll be going shopping for supplies. I can't wait and it will be fun hanging out with my friend and getting to know her better through this project.

The second big project I have going on is for work. In April I'm going to be giving a presentation on the influences of Celtic music in Ozark music. The problem I'm running into is not a lot of references to back up my theories. Apparently its just not a topic people have been that interested in before. I'm thinking I'll to do a small timeline of Celtic history, some comparison of instrumentation, and perhaps even discuss a little about the relationship between Irish step dancing and Ozark clogging.

With both these things going on, as well as regular job duties and troupe duties, it doesn't leave much time for reading which is disappointing as I've finally found some copies of out-of-print Rex Stout books that I haven't read yet. I love the characters of Archie Goodwin and Nero Wolfe. I always get a good laugh from their repartee and witty banter. I'm so tempted to start reading one, but I know I need to devote my time these previous commitments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

website statistics