Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Learning Curve

So slowly, but surely I'm learning this blog thing.

My husband, Ryan, has had a blog for a while now. He and our friend Lance have decided to have a contest to see which one of them could do daily posts on their blog the longest.

I, like Ryan, have my money on Lance. He's been the more consistent blogger in the past and plus Ryan and I are going to be traveling soon to our parents in Central Arkansas.

But that's not what has helped me start seeing the coolness of blogs. It's really something that happened because of Ryan's blog that I saw the coolness potential. Yesterday Ryan was blogging about trying to decide what new programming language to learn this year (he's a computer program, or as my friend Kerry would say a geekboy!). On his blog he discussed some of the concerns that he had about a language or a framework (something like that, I'm not sure cause I'm not a computer programmer). Well, later that night the guy who developed this thing that Ryan was talking about commented on his blog and addressed some of Ryan's concerns.

Now I have to say, how cool is that? It's so awesome that we live in such a day and age where someone can pose a question and actually get an answer directly from the source. I mean, image what it would have been like 100 years ago. There's no way a common man could have discussed relativity with Einstein simply because he couldn't get to Germany.

Thus, I have now witnessed the power of the blog.

2 Comments:

At 3:39 AM, Blogger El Raichu said...

good luck with your new blog! nice writing style too; i read a lot of blogs, and some of the bloggers i know, unlike you, don't even know how to break up their text into paragraphs.

i had a blog sometime ago, but i stopped updating it cos i didn't have the time anymore. hardly anyone read it anyway.

the connectivity of our age really is amazing, isn't it? the pony express, the telegram, the internet... i wonder what the next generation will come up with in the future.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Sassy said...

Thank you for the compliment. Time will tell if I'm actually able to stick with it or not, but right now I'm find quite a bit of fun with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website statistics