Thursday, January 05, 2006

When You Read You Begin with A-B-C

Ok, so a weird thing has occurred to me about blogging. I mostly set this up as a way to keep people who know me informed of what I'm doing. But last night when I got a comment from someone I didn't know, it was like "oh, yeah, other people could be reading this too, and they don't know me from Eve."

Now I feel the need to explain a little about myself. I have a BA and a MA in Anthropology. My BA emphasized Archeology and my MA emphasized Museum Studies. You will notice a link to the museum where I work at in the Collection's department. Basically, my job is to take care of the artifacts and I love it.

The other main link in my list is to the Middle Eastern Dance troupe that I'm a member of. I started belly dancing over four years ago and it has become a passion. I started teaching classes this pass fall and that has been even more rewarding than I could have imagined. My mother and I design and make a lot of my costumes ourselves and I have started choreographing solo and troupe routines. I even made this website for my troupe, which was my first website.

Currently, I'm trying to work on another website to show off my talents as a jewelry artist. I love making my own jewelry and have been asked by several friends to design pieces for them. Some pieces are geared more towards dancers, but than others are more subtle and would be great to wear to the office or out to dinner.

Something else I've recently gotten involved in, that I totally blame my husband for, is video games. Right now I seem to only like fighting games and I subscribe to the method of totally random button pushing. I don't learn what any of the buttons are for actually. I have no idea what button is a punch as oppose to the kick button, I just push buttons till the opponent is dead.

I went through the whole Soul Calibur II game that way and unlocked everything. Our male friends who play games were very impressed and proud. For Christmas last year they got us Dead Or Alive 1 & 2. I haven't been enjoying it as much as SC. For one thing that boss guy weird looking thing at the end is really hard to kill (see how I know all the technical terms and the names of all the characters).

So this makes it hard to unlock all the costumes cause you have to beat him every time to get a costume. So I found out that you can unlock the costumes by collecting all the items in the collections mode thing playing in survival mode. The problem here is to get the gold medal item you have to win 50 fights in a row!! How in the world are you suppose to do that?! I've tried all the suggestions on the online guides and nothing has worked. 4 of us have tried it and one of us finally got to 47 wins and then lost.

So if anyone has suggestions for how to get the gold medal in DOA 2 for the Xbox please feel free to let me cause I'd really like to move on in the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

website statistics