Sunday, March 26, 2006

Aloo Gobi

So we decided to try to make Aloo Gobi today. Its an Indian dish of potatoes and cauliflower. The hardest part of making it was getting some of the ingredients such as Garam Masala. The hardest ended up being fresh coriander which we never found and had to settle for powder.

Now I thought that the Aloo Gobi would be enough for dinner, kind of like a vegetarian stir fry. Anyway, Ryan didn't agree and declared that we needed a main dish. So while we were looking for coriander at the natural food store we also looked for something else that might go with Aloo Gobi. I was looking at cans of various Indian sauces that might be good. Suddenly Ryan lets out a sigh of frustration. I asked what was the matter and he said, "I wished they made something like Hindi Helper." Which was pretty funny word play and after I got done laughing I asked him why did he think I was staring at these sauce cans. They were things that you were suppose to add meat, tofu, pasta, seafood, etc. to in order to make a meal. He just hadn't understood what I was looking at.

So we cooked Indian tonight and I still think I would like Indian food, just not these particular dishes. I mean I've had curry chicken before and really liked it, but there was just something about the food tonight that I didn't like. However, I can't put my finger on what it was that I didn't like about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

website statistics