Wednesday, March 22, 2006


Last night I converted a file that I had made into a PDF so I could print it out at the museum. I had to make it a PDF so I wouldn't loose the special font that I had used since non of the museum computers had that font. Well, I ended up spending half my day trying to edit this PDF file because of a few pieces of information I forgot and I had used an incorrect photo.

Words cannot describe how much the whole process sucked. Which hits the heart of my whole complaint. If I had "control" of my work computer I could have just downloaded the font that I wanted to use and it would have been easier to edit. I can't tell you how many times I've been hindered in doing my job because I haven't been able to download or install things on my work computer. Fonts, conversion software, printer updates, image editing software . . . the list could go on forever.

One of the funnier occurrences of the IT department hindering our work was when the web filters would not let us get to some other museum websites. We couldn't figure out what was going on, we just got error messages saying that site was permitted. When we called and ask them what the deal was, we were told we were not allowed to go to the site because it had nude images on it. Of course it did, it was a freaking art museum site!!! We even had to fill out paperwork to get the permissions changed for sites like that; it was unbelievable.


Post a Comment

<< Home

website statistics