Monday, April 10, 2006

Things Piling Up

Why is it that when you have something important that you want to give your full attention to all other manner of things pop up to distract you?

My presentation is a little over a week away and I have an out of town guest coming, a wedding to attend, a dinner party to plan, dance classes to teach, regular job duties to do, and a ton of housework that is piling up. I'm trying not to get stressed and to really concentrate on what needs to be accomplished one day at a time, but sometimes it just feels very overwhelming.

Amidst all this I had to give an interview to a local newspaper about my presentation. I know the publicity will be great for the museum, but it also makes me really nervous that more people might show up now because of it.

2 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

I have an out of town guest coming, a wedding to attend, a dinner party to plan, dance classes to teach, regular job duties to do, a ton of housework piling up...my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I'm swamped!

You really should get some rest. After all, if you haven't got your health....

;-)

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Sassy said...

Thanks for the laugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website statistics