Thursday, March 02, 2006

Sleep and a Vacation

I need them both. We got to bed late last night and had to get up early for history (which went well). We are both exhausted and need like 2-3 days sleep. I say this because I'm an insomniac and Ryan is a night owl.

We both need a vacation too. The last real vacation we took together was our honeymoon. Other than that, the furthest we have been out of state together is Memphis, Tulsa, or Branson and only for long weekends.

I've secretly been harboring hope that we might be able to take four days and go to Chicago to see the Tut exhibit and some of the awesome museums in that area. Aside from the lack of funds, Ryan's job now looks like it will make it difficult for us to go because they really want to get the latest version finished and out.

I've really been waiting to take this trip for several reasons. One, we both just need a break and need some time to relax. Two, I've been fascinated by Egypt since I was a little girl and have always wanted to see some of the Tut artifacts. And three, I have a goal to go to all 50 states before I die and I have not made it to Illinois yet.

1 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

"Secretly harboring?" I'd kind of thought we were beginning to actively plan it. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

website statistics